Completed by Turner, the Flatiron’s new headquarters building, a 41,664-square-foot structure, is part of campus that includes six structures on 30 acres. The campus accommodates approximately 250 employees. The building, with a state-of-the-art training space, is anticipated to receive a LEED Silver rating from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Some of its sustainable features include the following:
- High efficiency, low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Lighting fixtures equipped with occupancy sensors designed to turn off when there is no movement or noise for an extended period of time
- Twenty three Solatube skylights on the second floor
- 30 percent of all building materials used on the project are from recycled materials
- Low-VOC adhesives, sealants, paints, flooring systems and composite wood products to improve air quality