Synthetic grass is basically a layer of artificial fibers that is similar to natural grass. This type of grass is often found in sports ground that was generally played on grass. Now- days, they are even used in housing lawns and commercial applications. The main reason behind using artificial grass is that they require less or negligible maintenance and do not require any trimming or irrigation. Stadiums that are covered, domed, or partly covered use this type of grasses in order to avoid the trouble of getting sufficient sunlight for the grasses to stay healthy.
How creatively synthetic grass can be used?
Synthetic grass can be used in garden areas to create a passageway that will guide you through your garden. It can be used to build a small area where a table and chair can be placed in a private spot. It can also be cut in strips for a curved or linear path while circles or squares can be used to build standing areas and steppingstones. They can be used to build outlines or borders for different unusual shaped landscaped areas.
- Recreational space: Synthetic grass is available in various colours and lengths that make it perfect for patterns and designs. Recreational space can be made in the form of play areas or game boards. Children and adults both can enjoy playing in this artificial grass in their leisure time.
- Carpeting: Nowadays, many house owners use artificial grass as carpets for outdoor and indoor spaces and basements. They can be cleaned very easily and can also be vacuumed like a short pile carpet. They can also be placed around hot tubs and swimming pools to make a non-slip surface so that it can prevent sliding or injuries on smooth cement.
- Patio People who do not have a yard can create one by using synthetic grass. An ordinary balcony can easily be covered with artificial grass to give it a new and fresh look. They can easily be cleaned and are very affordable too.
- Seating: Small pieces of artificial grass can be cut out and used as seat cushions for picnic tables and lawn furniture. They can easily be used to cover small tables and benches. They are very sturdy and durable in nature.
Benefits of synthetic grass:
There are a lot of benefits of synthetic grass:
- Lawn health: Generally, a lot of attention is needed in a natural lawn because it is prone to different diseases that require money, time, and attention, whereas artificial grass is not prone to any type of diseases and it requires negligible maintenance. Hence, your lawn will always look fresh and green.
- Pests and weeds: Natural grass supply weeds to the soil, whereas there is no such worry with artificial grass. Natural grass attracts insects and grubs that flourish in the soil, and these insects, later on, attract other insects and pests to thrive in the soil. Synthetic grass does not have to face the issues of weeds or pests, so they require less maintenance and save you a lot of time.
- Puddles and mud: Mud and puddles are commonly found in every lawn after sprinkling water to it. During the time of rain, natural lawns may flood which may harm the health of the lawn. Artificial grass does not require any water, so you don’t have to worry about any type of flood encounters.
- No need to buy any fertilizer: When the natural lawn is replaced with artificial grass, you will not find the need to spend money on expensive fertilizer. Instead, you will have a great green lawn with minimum maintenance.
Synthetic grass not only eliminates the need for watering your lawn but also eliminates the need for lengthy lawn maintenance. So, instead of spending time in fertilizing, mowing, and watering your yard, you can spend time with your family and friends. So do some homework and choose the best Synthetic grass installation company.