Keen to transform your garden and are considering the possibility of introducing a water feature? Here are five reasons why you should go for it!
Water Features are Calming
There is something about the trickle of water and the mere sight of it that has an immediate calming effect on the senses— excellent news if you lead a stressful, busy lifestyle. Science has proven that simply being around water has many psychological benefits when it comes to well-being. It can:
- Decrease the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Enhance social behavior
- Help to keep you more alert and attentive
- Improve the quality of your sleep
Water Features Can Add Value to Your Property
The exterior portion of your property is just as important as the interior portion when it comes to putting it on the market. A stunning, well-maintained water feature not only helps add interest to the garden of your home, but it is also said to make the outdoor space seem larger and more welcoming.
Water Features Can Keep Your Garden Cool
If you live in a hot and humid area, you will be pleased to discover that a water feature contributes to keeping your garden cool and comfortable during the summer months.
Water Features Attract Plenty of Birds and Wildlife
There is no denying that birds love water features as much as you do! If you are keen to create an eco-friendlier garden this year (it is the ultimate gardening trend of 2020), introducing a new water feature is a great place to start. Birds will flock to drink from the fountain or water feature and may even decide to splash around inside it. Not only will you be helping the environment in this way, but you will also be able to enjoy the beauty of this wildlife and the lovely tweeting and twittering songs of your newfound feathered friends.
There are so Many Types of Water Features to Choose From
Rest assured that no matter how big your garden is or what your preferences may be, there is a water feature for everyone! They are also quite easy to come by these days. You will be able to find a broad array of beautiful options, as well as all of the necessary equipment and accessories, at stores like water-garden.co.uk, for instance.
Some of the most popular types and designs in 2020 include:
- Floating fountains: Floating fountains can be easily installed in lakes and ponds and help to add interest to an otherwise predictable body of water.
- Dancing water features: Dancing water features provide a mesmerising display of moving or ‘dancing’ water. Most are relatively uncomplicated, but some can be quite intricate. Dancing water features vary widely in price.
- Pondless fountains: Pondless fountains are wonderful options for homes with less space. They are water features that do not require the installation of a pond beforehand and are some of the most effortless water features to maintain.
- Cascading water blades: If you are looking for a water feature that is unique and interesting, cascading water blades are sure to get the job done.
Need any more reason to take the plunge? Start looking into finding that perfect water feature today!