AIM: The aim of this competition is to create an investigation into the design and construction ideas of high-rise or very tall architecture and the dynamic communities within and around them with attention to aesthetics, technology, material, flexibility, adaptability and sustainability at its core.
PROJECT: This international ideas competition challenges participants to design a NEW Hotel Tower and Sky Garden Skyscraper in New York, USA. The design should create a new iconic skyscraper in the city of skyscrapers that is New York.
– Graduate Architects
– Architecture Students
– Team (Architects, Graduate Architect, Architecture Students)
– Inter-Disciplinary Teams (engineers, designers in-conjunction with an architect).
Every entrant shall be required to pay an entry fee as follows:
– Special Registration: $80 US from 1st August 12:00 (GMT) to 19th August 2012 11:59 (GMT)
– Early Registration: $100 US from 19th August 12:00 (GMT) to 19th September 2012 11:59 (GMT)
– Standard Registration: $120 US from 19th September 12:00 (GMT) to 19th October 2012 11:59 (GMT)
– Late Registration: $150 US from 19th October 12:00 (GMT) to 19th November 2012 11:59 (GMT)
30th November 2012 ————- Closing Date for Submissions
RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT / PUBLICATION
14th December 2012 ————- Official Result Announcement / Publication
PRIZES AND AWARDS
Winning project entry will receive prizes totaling US$ 6,000.00 as follows:
1st Prize – US$ 3,500 (THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
2nd Prize – US$ 1,500 (ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
3rd Prize – US$ 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS)
Joining the winners: 10 Special Mentions