Singapore Bamboo Skyscraper
The program challenges participants to design a NEW Architect’s Village Bamboo Skyscraper that takes into account the need for a contemporary approach of bamboo construction in such an urban setting and also today’s ever-increasing need for ecological design principles. The design should be visually and aesthetically engaging in contributing to the wider investigation to the use and possibilities of bamboo in tall construction design.
The new proposed skyscraper city should in general maximise positive impact of such a Vertical Structure and be an acceptable addition to the Singapore City Skyline.
It should respond directly to the issue of sustainable and ecology space creation in a city such as Singapore and also address the social, environmental, cultural and economic issues and concerns of the ever-increasing construction of urban Skyscrapers.
The design proposal must have bamboo as the dominant material as this is an investigation into innovative possibilities for bamboo as a material for tall construction design as support or covering (cladding) for such structures.
We are also be interested in designs that push the possibilities for such a material by proposing the growing, slicing or reshaping and treatment of bamboo into fascinating shapes to be used for tall structure design.
· Graduate Architects
· Architecture Students
· Team (Architects, Graduate Architect, Architecture Students, Engineers, Designers)
Every entrant shall be required to pay an entry fee as follows:
· Special Registration: $80 US from 22nd August 00:00 (GMT) to 06th September 2013 11:59 (GMT)
· Early Registration: $100 US from 07th September 00:00 (GMT) to 26th September 2013 11:59 (GMT)
· Standard Registration: $120 US from 27th September 00:00 (GMT) to 24th November 2013 11:59 (GMT)
· Late Registration: $150 US from 25th November 00:00 (GMT) to 02nd December 2013 11:59 (GMT)
02nd December 2013 ———————————– Closing Date for Submissions
RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT / PUBLICATION:
17th December 2013 ———————————– Winners Announcement
PRIZES AND AWARDS
Winning project entries will receive prizes totalling US$ 6,000.00 as follows:
US$ 3,500 (THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
US$ 1,500 (ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
US$ 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS)
10 Special Mentions